yum issues with RedHat 5 servers

Gabi C gabicr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 05:12:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

After digging into this a bit more it looks like the ""Error: failed to
retrieve repodata/primary.xml.gz from rhel-x86_64-server-5" error is
part of an issue on RHN. This will also be addressed by the fix going
out next week.

To recap:

* Several of the problems discussed on this thread are related to an RHN
problem that should be fixed next week
* Other issues are part of a yum bug that will be fixed with 5.3, which
is also going to be released soon

If anyone needs more detail or has any questions just let me know.

Thanks again.

Sam