Problem with version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6

Karl-Olov Serrander m11172 at abc.se
Mon Jan 26 12:44:46 UTC 2009

Hi !

Trying to run an old licensserver (said to be compiled on RHEL4) on RHEL5 i get:
./vendordaemon: relocation error: ./vendordaemon: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Got the same message from Flexlm lmgrd 8.2a  but upgrading that to 11.4.0.0 solved that but then the vendordaemon
started to complain (it was not started att all when lmgrd failed).

I am arguing with the vendor that he should recompile on RHEL5 with a more recent lmgrd,
but should't stuff complied on RHEL4 work on RHEL5 ?

I suspect that it is really compiled on something older, but how can i see that from the binary ?

Any hints ?

And starting on RHEL4 gives: Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly. Needs to be fixed.
but it works on RHEL4.

Regards
--
Karl-Olov Serrander m11172.abc.se