XFS (was: Re: redhat-list Digest, Vol 65, Issue 9)

sigpedag sigpedag at univ-paris1.fr
Sat Jul 11 10:37:43 UTC 2009

ravi kumar a écrit :
> Good morning to all......!!
>
>  I am using redhat 5.0. I try to use the xfs file system but it is
> giving error when i type #mkfs.xfs /dev/sda13 it is says "uknow file
> system type xfs". I installed rpms readline-2.2.rpm and xfsprogs.rpm
> then i get that error.........what can i do. Any body know please tell
> me........!!

XFS isn't supported by Red Hat yet, it will be in Red Hat 6.0.

The xfsprogs package includes a collection of programs to manage xfs
filesystems but what you really need is a XFS kernel module.

Here are your options :

  - Wait for Red Hat 6.0
  - Rebuild a kernel with XFS enabled
  - Try CentOS 5

Regards,

Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.