Docs for configuring Tomcat on RH4

Aaron Bliss abliss at brockport.edu
Fri Jul 24 00:08:36 UTC 2009

JYard
I can't provide any help with running tomcat 5 via the rpm's, but I can
tell you that we run Sun Directory Server on RedHat 4 AS boxes, but with
the tomcat 5.5 tarball.  There isn't anything to compile from tarball,
just unack it and copy it to a directory of your choosing.  You don't
need to worry about Java, as the needed version of Java ships with the
directory server.  Also note, that we not use the rpm's for the
directory server.  Normally I'm a huge fan of using RedHat's package
management, but in this case I found it much easer not to use either
package.  If you need additional help, feel free to contact me directly
(abliss at brockport.edu).

Aaron