Re: Yum Update

  From:       Troy Knabe <knabe 4j lane edu>

  To:         Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list redhat com>

  Date:       07/01/2009 01:45 PM

  Subject:    Yum Update

  Sent by:    redhat-list-bounces redhat com

I had to break a yum update and now I see this everytime I try to run
yum.  But if I run yum-complete-transaction it says there are 805
packages scheduled to be removed.  This does not seem like something I
want to do on my production server, so I am wondering if there is a
way to clean the yum database so I don't get the warning below without
completing the transaction??

"There are unfinished transactions remaining. You mightconsider
running yum-complete-transaction first to finish them."
--
Troy Knabe
knabe 4j lane edu

yum clean all
  Runs  yum clean packages  and yum clean headers, yum clean metadata and
yum clean dbcache as above.
OR
you can rebuild the rpm database

cd /var/lib
tar -czf rpm.broken.`date +%Y%m%d-%R`.tgz rpm/
cd rpm/
rm -f __db.00*
rpm --rebuilddb

Phebe Mertes