Re: Docs for configuring Tomcat on RH4

JYard
I can't provide any help with running tomcat 5 via the rpm's, but I can tell you that we run Sun Directory Server on RedHat 4 AS boxes, but with the tomcat 5.5 tarball. There isn't anything to compile from tarball, just unack it and copy it to a directory of your choosing. You don't need to worry about Java, as the needed version of Java ships with the directory server. Also note, that we not use the rpm's for the directory server. Normally I'm a huge fan of using RedHat's package management, but in this case I found it much easer not to use either package. If you need additional help, feel free to contact me directly (abliss brockport edu).

Aaron

Yard, John wrote:

I installed the following Tomcat 5 rpm's on Red Hat 4:

tomcat5-jsp-2.0-api-5.5.23-0jpp_4rh.9
tomcat5-server-lib-5.5.23-0jpp_4rh.9
tomcat5-webapps-5.5.23-0jpp_4rh.9
tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api-5.5.23-0jpp_4rh.9
tomcat5-common-lib-5.5.23-0jpp_4rh.9
tomcat5-jasper-5.5.23-0jpp_4rh.9
tomcat5-5.5.23-0jpp_4rh.9
tomcat5-admin-webapps-5.5.23-0jpp_4rh.9

I am having all kinds of issues running Sun Directory Server 6.3.1 on RH 4 / Tomcat 5 , and see little if any docs on running Tomcat 5 on RH 4 rpm's.

Is there RH 4 docs I can refer to help me configure this ?

JYard
UCLA