sysstat doesn't see SAN i/o on Red Hat 4u8

SIG - Pédagogie sigpedag at univ-paris1.fr
Tue Jun 16 16:57:25 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'd like to monitor i/o on my EMC Clariion CX3-10 SAN. It works fine on
Red Hat 5u3 but on Red Hat 4u8, only internal RAID is monitored.

Both system are 64bits and running on the same hardware : Dell PowerEdge
M600 blade server with Qlogic HBA cards and the PowerPath software for
LUN mamagement.

I checked the two /etc/sysconfig/sysstat.ioconf files and there's quite
similar :

diff rhel5u3.sysstat.ioconf rhel4u8.sysstat.ioconf
49d48
< 2:fd:*:0:d:4:*:1:Floppy Devices fd0,fd1,fd2,fd3
65c64
< 7:loop:*:0:d:256:*:1:Loop Devices
---
 > #7:0:0:Loop Devices, Not Supported
240a240

Both have this line : 232:emcpower:*:0:a:16:*:16:EMC PowerPath Unit %d

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
--
Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.