Root filesystem went Read- only mode

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Mar 13 00:25:27 UTC 2009

Santosh Kumar wrote:
> Hope you are doing well.
>
> Root filesystem went Read- only mode on production server. Please help me it
> happens on three different servers and twice on one server within 10days.
> My Database is corrupted. I am using RHEL4 update 7 on some of servers. Disk
> is SAN device.
>
> There seems to be some problem in writing to control file below. Oracle got
> terminated abruptly.
> Can anyone please look into it.

The control file error is that you've got the Oracle d/b on the SAN, and the
server's trying to write to the SAN, which is, you say, in r/o mode.

This is unlikely to be the SAN, IMO; I would really like to know things like
whether all your servers are on a UPS, and each have dual power supplies,
*each* power supply on different circuits, NOT plugged into the same one.

	mark