Root filesystem went Read- only mode

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Mar 13 01:30:48 UTC 2009

Geofrey Rainey wrote:
> Umm, what has UPS info got to do with Oracle's inability to write to its
> control file?

a) he says three different servers had this r/o problem with the SAN.
b) Oracle is running on the server, while Oracle's files, one presumes, are on
the SAN.

So, I'm wondering why the servers are having this problem, and whether they've
had power surges or momentary outages.

Or, as I think about this, his switches, or whatever he goes through between
the servers and the SAN, since I doubt all three servers have direct fiber or
iSCSI to the SAN.

	mark