Likewise

Paul Whitney paul.whitney at mac.com
Thu May 28 16:36:23 UTC 2009

Ray,

Alternatives are Centrify and Vintella. They have a cost. Likewise to my
knowledge is the only one that offers a free client.

I do not believe it was integrated into RHEL.

I am trying to use it and have had mixed success. Some domains I can
join with no issue others that have been "locked" down are not allowing
me to join a domain. Speculation of late is that if the AD is running in
"native" mode, an object must be created in AD first before the Linux
box can join the domain. Whereas if the AD is in "mixed" mode then an
object is created when the server joins the domain.

Paul W.