How to calculate bandwidth requirement

lonetwin lonetwins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 12:00:37 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

   we have developed a webapplication which will be put into production
soon. We expect close to a 1000 users to have access to the webapplication
and assume 300 ( 30%) users to be using it at a given point of time. We have
tomcat taking care of the UI and jboss is the application server with mysql
as the db.

Now we want to calculate the bandwidth that will be needed for this
application to be accessed by the 300 users. We are going to host it in our
premises, and want to know what is the bandwidth that we will have to get
from our ISP so that all users are able to access our application.

Any help/idea on this ?

thanks,
Sarang