gcc error

Kevin Krieser k_krieser at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 15 18:11:00 UTC 2009

Couple of suggestions.

Centos 4 should have installed, or available to install, the compat-gcc-32 packages, with version 3.2.3 of GCC.

No need to do a force install, you "should" be able to just update the build procedure to use the gcc32 compiler rather than gcc 3.4 that is the default compiler on 4.  I've never had a need to compile with an older version of the compiler than what is on the distribution, so I haven't tested it.  But it must be there for those who need to target older distributions on the current distribution.

The other suggestion is that, unless proven otherwise, I would suggest that there is a bug in the program.  The older compilers/runtime may just not be seeing it.  So masking the problem may just allow some other problem to be occurring  that just hasn't been found yet.