Connection monitoring

Lord of Gore lordofgore at
Fri Oct 9 07:43:50 EDT 2009

Hello list,

I have a question regarding connection monitoring. Say I have

            /    HOST_2
            \    HOST_3

On HOST_1 I have a pgSQL pooler installed (pg_pool II) that does
balancing between HOST_2 and HOST_3

Due to some failures I want to monitor the connections between these 3
machines and see if there are any lost packets. Which application do you
think I shold use to check these 2 connections?

Long shot but given the connection being PostgreSQL client (HOST_1) to
PostgreSQL Server (HOST_2 and HOST_3) I want also to check if queries
arrive unaltered to the servers. Any ideas?

Note: the 3 servers are located in an inaccessible place.