Which redhat subcription.

lonetwin lonetwins at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 04:28:06 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

We are planning to buy a subscription to RHEL. Seems i have the choice of
buying RHEL or RHEL Advanced Platform. The major difference that i see
between the two is Server capacity in CPU processor sockets. RHEL license
supports upto 2 while the advanced platform subscription supports unlimited.

I am unable to fathom the complete difference between the two , and what
would suit my requirement best. My object of buying the subscription is to
keep my servers running our webapplication updated. My servers are dual CPU
servers now, but will go upto quad cpu's in the future. The RAM each server
will have will be around 8GB. So if anyone can suggest me what subscription
suits my need the best, that would be great.

cheers,
lonetwins