GFS + XEN

M. Hamzah Khan hamzah at hamzahkhan.com
Sun Oct 4 01:04:22 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to use GFS directly on a physically
connected block device rather than on a network block device (as
provided by iSCSI or GNBD etc)?

I want to use a single disk with multiple xen hosts running on a single
server.

I know it will work if I use iSCSI or GNBD inside the domU's but this
will add extra overhead as it will go through the network stacks first,
so I wanted to get rid of that and make the disk available to the domU's
as physically connected drives.

Would this work? Is there a better way to do this?

Regards

Hamzah

--
M. Hamzah Khan
RedHat Certified Engineer Number: 804005539516829
Email: hamzah at hamzahkhan.com
Mobile: +44 (0)7525663951