RE: See how often RPM's are used?

I guess that depends on your definition of "quick".. it'll get the job done, certainly, but I would bet on it taking more than a little while.  Not that I have a better solution, just sayin.

Rob Marti
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Richardson, Joshua A. [Joshua Richardson gd-ais com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 11:56
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: RE: See how often RPM's are used?

Staying with Yong's suggestion, here's a quick way to script it:

rpm -qa | while read line; do echo $line && rpm -ql $line | while read
line2; do ls -lu $line2; done ; done > rpm_access.txt

Not perfect, but you'd get all the files listed in a txt file quickly
this way.

Joshua A. Richardson
General Dynamics AIS
Principal  Systems Engineer