LVM Name Changed?

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Thu Sep 10 10:18:45 UTC 2009

Then my case was different. Anybody else touching the yaboot.conf? I
have not seen this, so please let us know if you get to the bottom of this.

GM

Richardson, Joshua A. wrote:
> Hey George,
>
> Yes, once I edited the /etc/fstab to reflect the change to /dev/vg0/root
> and swap002 everything worked correctly.  What is even more puzzling to
> me is the fact that /etc/yaboot.conf file somehow was already using
> /dev/vg0/root when I know from before they used the default
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 LVM names.
>
> Joshua A. Richardson
> General Dynamics AIS
> Principal  Systems Engineer
> Systems Administrator
> Office: 703-272-1761
> Cell: 540-383-9093

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios