Please suggest server configuration

Michael Ward mward29 at mscd.edu
Tue Sep 15 14:27:12 UTC 2009

Mark pretty much beat me to the punch but...
What is the size of the database?
How intense are the hits to the database?

Fault Tolerance is an important question.

If everything is small enough it could all be on one server and still easily
support 40 sessions. But like Mark said, are you absolutely sure it will
never be more?

Giving specs without having more details is very difficult.

How you implement will greatly affect the specs of the hardware. Virtual
Servers? All on separate physical machines?

Michael Ward
Redhat Linux Administrator
Metro State College of Denver
303-352-4225