Exact syntax and examples for iptables

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Fri Sep 18 12:22:51 UTC 2009

I don't think it's a wise idea to play with /etc/hosts.deny because you
are not certain which apps are libwrapped and which others you can shut
down accidentally with something like this. Focus on the IPTABLES
service instead.

GM

sunhux G wrote:
> and what's the syntax to use in /etc/hosts.deny
> to block the Windows server 10.5.5.25     from
> accessing the cluster for all Tcp/Udp ports?
>
> "ALL:ALL"    is not there in the hosts.deny currently

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios