New to Linux

Michael Ward mward29 at mscd.edu
Wed Sep 23 16:38:20 UTC 2009

Since it appears your distro is Redhat 2.x it probably doesn't have
'createrepo' by default.
You'll need to pull if from somewhere.

I would highly recommend checking out Rob's recommendation. ;)
I think you will notice it looks familiar.

Regards,
Michael Ward
Redhat Linux Administrator
Metro State College of Denver