Telnet is not working with iptables

Ahmed Sharif ahmed.sharif.bd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:44:24 UTC 2009

Hello Siddiqui,

You are appending to the existing rules (option -A). There may be other rule
above your rule that is causing denial of the the specific port. Check the
rule list with iptables -nL command. You can also try inserting the rule
instead of appending (-I option). Another thing to try is, while trying to
do telnet on that specific port run iptables -nVL command at the destination
and observing the packet count increament you will understand what rule is
causing the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ahmed Sharif
Warid Telecom International Ltd