server burn-in process recommendations?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herffjones.com
Mon Sep 21 13:57:45 UTC 2009

Anyone have any recommendations on how best to burn in and test new RHEL
systems?

We tend to just assume that if we have three identical systems installed
using identical procedures, that they are going to perform in the same
way.  We don't yet have an established test that let's us spot
unexpected differences (like one system running half as fast as an
'identical' system due to some BIOS setting being different or some
other oddity).

I'd like to create a burn-in process that causes us to spot problems.  I
know about memtest86, but what else would you all recommend?  Anyone got
a procedure already?

Trever Furnish, tgfurnish at herffjones.com
Herff Jones, Inc. Systems Engineer
Phone: 317.612.3519
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Unix.