RE: server burn-in process recommendations?

Thanks, Barry.  Hadn't heard of Inquisitor.  Have you used this product
and been happy with it?

I was actually thinking not of testing on bare hardware, but rather of
suggestions on how to test performance following the install of the OS.

For example, imagine we do an install of RHEL5 and everything appears to
go well.  During boot we see a few messages fly by about various things
being disabled, but we can't read them.  The system appears to operate
normal when eyeballing it, but we don't notice that access to the system
disks is going only 1/4 its normal speed.  I'd like us to notice before
we release the machine to internal customers.

I would think one of the OS-level benchmark suites would fit the bill,
but I was hoping someone on the list would already have gone through
that process of choosing the tests to run and could offer some advise
from experience.

--
Trever