dealing with yum incomplete transactions

Stainforth, Matthew (SD/DS) Matthew.Stainforth at gnb.ca
Mon Apr 26 12:16:40 UTC 2010

> yum-complete-transaction does not exist for 64-bit RHE 5.4.  At least
> yum
> install cannot find it, nor can it find yum-utils.  How else can I
> address
> these incomplete/aborted transactions?

I always first try a yum clean all when yum gets confused, but you should be able to find yum-utils in the 64 bit repo.  Here is what I get on one of my 64 bit systems for a 'yum info yum-utils'.

Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
Available Packages
Name       : yum-utils
Arch       : noarch
Version    : 1.1.16
Release    : 13.el5
Size       : 69 k
Repo       : rhel-x86_64-server-5
Summary    : Utilities based around the yum package manager
License    : GPLv2+
           : package manager. It includes utilities by different authors that
           : make yum easier and more powerful to use. These tools include:
           : debuginfo-install, package-cleanup, repoclosure, repodiff,
           : repo-graph, repomanage, repoquery, repo-rss, reposync, repotrack,
           : verifytree, yum-builddep, yum-complete-transaction, yumdownloader,
           : yum-debug-dump and yum-groups-manager.