Strace and lsof do not work

Vimal vimal7370 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 11:41:11 UTC 2010

On 08/22/2010 06:40 AM, Dustin Larmeir wrote:
> Maybe a rootkit?

It is not a rootkit, and SELinux is disabled..

I am unsure of how to debug this but something is preventing root to
"lsof" or "strace" for processes owned by other users. Checking in
detail, I can use strace/lsof as "root" to see details of a process
owned by root, but fails to do so for processes running as any other user.

Is there any kernel (proc or sysctl) parameter preventing this?

--
Regards,
Vimal Kumar K

| vimalZworld.com * technomenace.com * twitter.com/vimal7370 |
| E: vimal7370 at gmail dot com             P: +919947450760 |