ISCSI disk goes read-only after network flooding

Eugene Vilensky evilensky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 16:57:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Nicoli Stupinski <nstupinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> My ISCSI disk has been going into a read-only state due to some network
> flooding issues.  While I wait for the network team to fix things on their
> end (and this may take some time) is it possible to have the disk come back
> online read/write instead of read-only?
>
> More details..

Can you increase your timeout values so that instead of returning an
error, it waits for the disk?

>From Dell Equallogic's recommendations, for example:

"
For most Linux operating systems, use the following script to update
the timeout value:
for i in ‘ls /sys/class/scsi_disk‘;
do echo "60" > /sys/class/scsi_disk/$i/device/timeout;
done
For Red Hat operating systems, use the following script to update the
timeout value:
for i in ‘ls /sys/class/scsi_device‘;
do echo "60" > /sys/class/scsi_device/$i/device/timeout;
done
You can add the appropriate script to your system start up script. The
location of the startup script varies with
different Linux distributions; for example, /etc/rc.local, /etc/init.d/rc.local.
If devices are connected after startup, run this script again to
update the new devices’ timeout value.
'