installing packages remotely without Yum

A Red Hat system, AS Release 4 Nahant Update 8 ,
was installed at a physically distant site using
the 4.5.0 install cd s.

The installer did not install a large number of
packages , which must be installed for consistency with
analogous servers.

The installer did not install the package that included yum.
Red Hat tech support tells me it is not possible to
install the packages in a supported fashion.

Without these packages I cannot procedure. Are there any
viable options for installing these packages ?

JYard
UCLA