Paravirtualization

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Mon Dec 13 15:26:38 UTC 2010

Hi Joy,

It means that you have a host operating system that acts as a controller
for and provides virtual hardware to the "guest" operating systems.

In order for the guest operating systems to be able to run they need to
have modifications made to their kernel to understand the various
instructions that the host gives them via the virtualization software.

HTH,
Harry