Equivalent of apt-get purge for yum

Johan Dindaine jojolapin972 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:15:23 UTC 2010

I think that I got it,
When I did 'rpm -ql mysql-server' with the package coming from remi's
repository, the configuration file did not appear.
I guess so that this package is not complete.
This is a list of what I get:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld
/usr/bin/innochecksum
/usr/bin/myisam_ftdump
/usr/bin/myisamchk
/usr/bin/myisamlog
/usr/bin/myisampack
/usr/bin/mysql_convert_table_format
/usr/bin/mysql_fix_extensions
/usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables
/usr/bin/mysql_install_db
/usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation
/usr/bin/mysql_setpermission
/usr/bin/mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
/usr/bin/mysql_upgrade
/usr/bin/mysql_zap
/usr/bin/mysqlbug
/usr/bin/mysqld_multi
/usr/bin/mysqld_safe
/usr/bin/mysqldumpslow
/usr/bin/mysqlhotcopy
/usr/bin/mysqltest
/usr/bin/perror
/usr/bin/replace
/usr/bin/resolve_stack_dump
/usr/bin/resolveip
/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin
/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin/ha_innodb_plugin.so
/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin/ha_innodb_plugin.so.0

As you can see this config file is not in therefore, the service cannot resume.