where is uudecode in RHEL6 Beta?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jul 8 19:19:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:30:44AM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> >I think Russ meant using:
> >
> >	openssl base64 -in <file>
> >
> >The openssl tool can be used in many useful ways, it's not just a library
> >package.
>
> I did, but I cannot make people read man pages

I did look into what Dag said (and thanks Russ for the suggestion even
though I didn't "get it" til Dag responded). But (1) I don't see how to
DEcode a file with it, which is what I really want, and (2) encoding a
file with it doesn't emit the header that uuencode does (though this
may not be fatal, I could always fake up one and insert it myself.)

Fred

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?