Xen and Libvirtd

Bob Sauvage Bob.sauvage at gmx.fr
Thu Jul 29 07:54:59 UTC 2010

Hello people,

I have some questions about Xen and libvirt.

I have 2 guest domains with bridged network configured.
If I correctly understand, libvirt is a additional feature provided by Redhat. It serves to configure easier your guest domain and provides a NAT network at the guest domain with a "bridge" called vibr0.

If I use bridged networking, can I disable libvirtd ? When I stop this service, the vibr0 interface is still present and I receive many mails about a cron task "python /usr/share/rhn/virtualization/poller.py".

I saw on the web that the "poller.py" is provided by the "rhn-virtualization-host"package. Can I delete it ? What this package provides except poller.py ?

Thanks in advance !