Back to apcupsd

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 3 02:39:54 UTC 2010

On 02Mar2010 17:13, m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
| Ok, so another apc UPS 3000 complained about bad batteries, and I changed
| them out from the same order that I'd gotten in a couple of months ago.
|
| The APC SmartUPS 3000 started connecting and disconnecting the USB
| connection. I brought down and up the service, no joy.
|
| Finally, after googling, I found a *completely* undocumented way to start
| apcupsd, that a few years ago someone was told to try, so as to log
| debugging info, to send to a developer:
|    apcupsd -d1000 -T
| I've just skimmed the man page, and the online docs, and there is *no*
| mention of either parm. I found nothing in the logs.

On my Gentoo box, man apcupsd:

    -d level --debug level
        Set debugging output level where level is a number
        greater than zero.

I don't see a -T. There's a "-t" though.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
        - Winston Churchill (1874-1965)