Multipath I/O stats

Allen, Jack Jack.Allen at mckesson.com
Wed May 19 17:16:03 UTC 2010

Hello:
        This is a general question about Multipath I/O stats, so I don't
think there is a need to state all the number of the kernel and
multipath.

        With multipath set up to access a SAN with some number of LUNs
and for this question 2 paths set for round robin, how can the I/O stats
be seen/gathered to see the throughput on each path and how balanced the
I/O is?

        I know that round robin just send the I/O request down each path
without regard of the request that may already be queued and therefore
it is not balanced. But knowing if one path for what ever reason is
slower than the other would help in some performance trouble shooting.