vnc experience

Alex Troubadour fasnet99 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 05:29:16 UTC 2011

Hi, Cameron,
thanks for your reply.  Adding the check for xterm helped.  There is no "xterm" in the path.  I made a symbolic link to gnome-terminal and called it xterm and when I get my green background and click and select "xterm" from the menu, an xterm actually opens.
Thanks ... thi is workable although I have to play with the xterm to see if there are any issue - there were font messages in xstartup.out after I made the link.

Thanks again for your help.  Ideally, xterm will be open when I vnc in rather than my having to click on the background to get a menu and select xterm ... do you know an easy way to do this ?  If not, that is fine ... this is at least workable.
Many thanks