How to copy/replicate files w/o changing the access time?

Rhugga Harper rhugga at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:25:48 UTC 2011

Yea tried noatime option as well.

For some reason even the noatime option does not work. The initial
copy/creation of the file results in a current access time. I've tried
mounting both the source and destination NFS volumes with noatime and nada.
>From this point forward, the noatime option works, but the initial
"creation" of the file via rsync results in a recent access time. (my guess
is that is matched the ctime)

Grr... this seems like it should be so simple.