Network interfaces not reachable

Bob Sauvage bob.sauvage at gmx.fr
Thu Dec 15 10:59:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

Firtst of all, thanks a lot for your responses.

1. @Marco : I mean by 'not reachable' that nether my local network,
nether the internet can ping my network interfaces.

2. @Mark : I use RHEL 6, I will look in '70-persistant-net'.

3. @FrankCui : Here my network interfaces config :

*ETH0 : *

BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST={PUBLIC BROADCAST IP}
DEVICE=eth0
HWADDR=00:1B:21:30:48:1E
IPADDR={PUBLIC IP}
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=yes
IPV6INIT=no
NETMASK=255.255.255.224
NETWORK={PUBLIC NETWORK IP}
NM_CONTROLLED=no
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

*ETH1 : *

BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST={PUBLIC BROADCAST IP}
DEFROUTE=yes
DEVICE=eth1
GATEWAY={PUBLIC GATEWAY IP}
HWADDR=00:15:17:89:31:48
IPADDR={PUBLIC IP}
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=yes
IPV6INIT=no
NETMASK=255.255.255.224
NETWORK={PUBLIC NETWORK IP}
NM_CONTROLLED=no
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

*ETH1:XXX1 :* (all subinterfaces are on the same network but different
from the network of ETH0 and ETH1)

BOOTPROTO=none
DEVICE=eth1:XXX1
IPADDR={PUBLIC IP}