NTP config help

邓卫华 dengwh at bestcheer.com
Fri Feb 11 01:52:46 UTC 2011

I think, the NTP daemon is better, it uses a more optimal
algorithm, save resources.

Thanks.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:43:04
+0400, raj sourabh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.

But I could not understand it.

> Is there a option of either using
ntpd daemon or use of ntpdate in a cron
> (Becoz both dont run together
due to same port). Is that what you are trying
> to explain?
>
> If so,
then what is the standard way for linux client?? How do people

implement this on production environment.

> Please share your
thoughts.

Jonathan S Billings wrote:

>> On 02/10/2011 04:58 AM, 邓卫华 wrote:
>>

>>> Hi, please run "crontab -e " in command line in client computer.
then you should input the following line to sync from ntp server every 5
minute. 0 5 * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate 192.168.0.1(that is ntp server's ip
address)
>> (I see that the issue was resolved already, I'm just
commenting.) This isn't going to work if you're running an NTPd on the
clients, since the ntpd has bound to the port already. It's also not
suggested practice for NTP clients, and is probably why the `ntpdate'
command is going away. Better to let a ntpd daemon adjust the time than
run it out of cron. -- Jonathan Billings College of Engineering - CAEN -
Unix and Linux Support -- redhat-list mailing list unsubscribe
mailto:redhat-list-request at redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe [2]

Best Cheer
(XiaMen) Stone Works CO.,LTP.
Phone: 0592-7221600