Subversion + apache + logical volumes = permission problems

Jonathan S Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Tue Jan 11 19:45:29 UTC 2011

On 01/11/2011 12:58 PM, Francisco José Márquez Gómez wrote:
> All worked fine with default directories. The problem is when I try set
> the repository directory point to /var/svn, wich is the mount point of
> the logical volume created for store SVN.
>
> Then, usvn begin to show permission errors when I try manage proyects.
>
> I tried replace the /var/www/html/usvn/files/svn with a symbolic link to
> /var/svn, but doesn't work. I also tried to mount logical volume
> directly in /var/www/html/usvn/files/svn, but not work...
>
> what is the problem???? The directories have same permissions that
> default directory... I don't understand...

I've never set up an SVN server, however, the combination of apache, new
volumes and permission denied problems makes me think it might be an
SELinux denial.

I assume you've got SELinux running, and set to Enforcing.  When you
created the new volume, did you relabel the contents so they have the
appropriate SELinux attributes such that they can be served out via
apache?  Check your /var/log/audit/audit.log, or run:

ausearch -m avc -ts today

to see today's SElinux denials.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support