major parted and fdisk issues on RHEL 5.5?

Anne Moore diabeticithink at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 20:17:27 UTC 2011

Thank you for the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Shankar Jha
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 3:20 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: major parted and fdisk issues on RHEL 5.5?

Hi For scanning new LUN, we don't required reboot.

Kindly follow the below method:

Step1: Download & Installed the sg3_utils packages.
           (Download the sg3_utils & sg3_utils_libs packages )
   Note: download “rescan-scsi-bus.sh” script  also  anywhere  on RHEL4
based.
	#rpm –ivh sg3_utils*
Step2: Scan the new LUNs without rebooting the box.
a.)	Take the output of inq utils or fdisk –l
b.)	Execute the following script & take the output of inq utils or
fdisk –l and compare with your previous out put.
#/usr/bin/rescan-scsi-bus.sh (RHEL5)
              Or
#./rescan-scsi-bus.sh (RHEL4)

Thaks-