Forcing syslog messages to primary interface.

brian irvin brian944us at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 15:33:48 UTC 2011

Greetings!

This is my first post. We have set up a central syslog server for auth.info
messages (SU etc). Currently the central syslog server is receiving the messages
but from the secondary interfaces from some RHEL boxes (RHEL 5/RHEL4). Is there
a way we could force the clients to send the messages via the primary
interfaces? Also another question is does this happen because of the waek end
system network model that Linux supports by default?

Cheers

Brian.