Fedora Server?

Marti, Robert RJM002 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Jun 28 13:15:47 UTC 2011

It depends what you mean by "server".  Fedora is fine for a home server or your desktop.  The problem with using it for a public facing service is that the code develops too quickly, and just running a yum update could take you from a 100% working box to something like httpd not starting -which would be a bad thing for a webserver.

If the packages you want aren't available in RHEL or one of the rebuilds, you can rebuild a Fedora package for RHEL.

Rob Marti