RHEL6 and Samba Mount Points

Corey Kovacs corey.kovacs at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 13:29:50 UTC 2011

Ahh, sorry, one of these days I'll learn to _read_ posts :)

Not sure honestly how gnome functions in that regard but if it's
something you do often enough (sounds like it is) you should think
about setting up autofs, or a static mount. I am pretty sure the gnome
method uses the gvfs layer and hides it all from you.

For instance, adding

scans  -fstype=smbfs,username=myuser,password=mypass,uid=1000,gid=1000	://mywinserver/scans

to /etc/auto.misc

will allow you to access /misc/scans

and get your files.

There are better ways, but this will work.

-C