The From: header is wrong on received emails

Mun mjelists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 04:32:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm running RHEL5.7 and using sendmail 8.13.8 .  My company's domain is
(e.g.) company.com; and my local site's domain is local.company.com .

For some reason when I receive e-mail from fellow employees at any site
the domain name in the From: header is incorrect: it is always
local.company.com instead of company.com .  This causes havoc for
replies because if I send e-mail to local.company.com the e-mail will
bounce.

I can't figure out what needs to change in my sendmail configuration to
correct this issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

--