packages & repos

Greg Wojcieszczuk greg at unixos.org
Thu Sep 1 18:10:20 UTC 2011

Hi Kevin,

I found this info on http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration/
There's a rpmfusion-free package that could be used with RHEL6.0:
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/testing/6/i386/rpmfusion-free-release-6-0.1.noarch.rpm

>> install the fedora "updates" and the rpmfusion-free ...
If you can get updates from RHN, you don't need updates from Fedora "Update"
repo. If you're not using plugins like yum-plugin-priorities.noarch  you can
break dependencies very badly.

You can typically get the multimedia applications, etc. for RHEL6 from
rpmforge or rpmfusion.
I wouldn't mess with the core OS packages.

Kind regards,
Greg Wojcieszczuk