SEMI-OT: suggestion about a NAS

Rob DeSanno rdesanno at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:20:10 UTC 2011

We have a couple of NetApp FAS3040C's here at work booting RHEL 5 via iSCSI,
and while I can't tell you which is best, this NAS and has served us well
for the past few years.

Right now we are looking into new storage options for the end of this year
and looking at Nimbus for an all SSD solution. Give it a look too. I read a
lot of great things about SSD storage as far as performance and not as
expensive as a new disk based SAN, but do your homework with regard to MTTF.

Good luck!