Explanation of weird yum behavior

Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez dominus.ceo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 02:25:55 UTC 2011

Greetings to all,

In my organization required to implement a solution for file sharing,
they would
be discharged by different servers automatically and in turn can be
administered through different accounts assigned, I researched that there
are different applications with different methods to perform some of these
tasks:

Using different technology to download / distrubution of files:

- Emule (decentralized, some customers: mldonkey)
- Bittorrent (decentralized, some customers: TorrentFlux, Vuze, uTorrent,
etc.)
- FTP virtual users (centralized, some customers: filezilla)
- Samba / ldap (centralized Some clients: windows - Windows Explorer)

As technology is based on the operational needs of the organization, but seek
to find a balance between efficiency / robustness / support / functionality,
(hehe, it seems difficult not?).

Based on the above and based on his experience, my questions are:

- What other known technologies that could carry out any of the tasks
described in the first paragraph?
- Have implemented any service where an aim of distributing files to
different computers within a network?

Already, thanks in advance for your guidance

regards
-

  Ricardo David  Carrillo Sanchez
Systems Administrator
Information Security Analyst
PGP / GPG key fingerprint: 4EDE BEF9 2FAE C88B AC73 52CB 0655 B749 8D5A F2A0
PGP / GPG public key: http://openinsecureit.mx/keys/dominus.ceo.asc