Util that tracks past changes to et4 filesystem?

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Fri Aug 31 01:39:08 UTC 2012

So, I know that the Enterprise version of Tripwire will tell you both
the who and the what.

If you're looking to do it on the cheap then there are a few options.

FUNC: https://fedorahosted.org/func/
and specifically func-inventory
https://fedorahosted.org/func/wiki/FuncInventory

This will allow you to track files via git (a versioning app) so you can
see what changed and when.

For the who, you'd want auditd

Cheers,
Harry