Regarding GFS

unix syzadmin unixsyzadmin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:37:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks.   The nodes don't have any VIP (Virtual IP) configured.

Each of the nodes run "gfs" and "fenced" service.

The type of storage is EMC, and if each node has to be able to access the
same disk simultaneously the SCSI reserves should be turned off.  I am not
able to determine how the SCSI reserve's have been turned off and the
parameters on which the nodes are fenced.

# more /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)

# rpm -qa | egrep -i 'gfs|fence'
GFS-6.1.18-1
GFS-kernel-smp-2.6.9-80.9.el4_7.5
fence-1.32.63-1