FAILED SMART self-check

Robert Canary rwcanary at mchn39.ocdirect.net
Wed Jul 25 14:19:26 UTC 2012

As I said I *removed* the drive in the sda location.
I then put the mirrored drive (on sdb) in its place (into sda).   Now sdb is running in the sda slot.
I appreciate the suggestion, however, I do understand how RAID 1 works I understand what RAID 1 is.
Yes I do have messages that sdb is missing.  I can disregard those messages for the moment.  However, since it is RAID 1 at the bios level, thats probally why I'm not seeing tons of message about it missing.

My concern is I am still getting the same error.  for the device at sda.  However, it is a different device was.  I have never seen RAID 1 transfer bad sector to the mirrored drive. I don't even think that is possible since we are talking about a physical defect.  . . . . .  aren't we?

Robert Canary
OCDirect Electrical-Datacomm
(866) 594-0786 Fax
(270) 955-0362 Voice