Timers not working as expected

Ankit Mahawar ankit.mahawar at tcs.com
Wed Jun 27 10:13:58 UTC 2012

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your response.

> How did you measure the 2500 microsecond interval?

I calculated the number of timers expired per minute and calculated it to
be 2500 microsecond

> Also in kernels prior to 2.6.21 (where you can see the
> CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS kernel config option), you could have some
> conditions depending on system age (clock) and load or scheduler issues,
> where you see these deviations. If you switch to 2.6.21, you should get
> proper high resolution timing and if you combine that with modern (last
> 3 years) hardware, you should really be able to schedule accurately down
> to microsec resolution.

This issue was seen just once and when I reboot the system , timers were
expiring as expected .

Just a wild guess , can this be related to signal handling rather than
timer expiry  ?

Thanks
Ankit

and any attachments. Thank you